Sunday, May 07, 2006

May 8 Travels

Well folks, I'm on the road again this week winging my way to Lausanne in Switzerland (I'm in transit in Hong Kong airport lounge at the mo)- it's about as far away as you can get from Melbourne in Australia and it takes something like 31-34 hours elapsed door to door. Talk about trains, planes and automobiles!

Working I am, not playing, but there's so much to see in that area - one of the simplest things to do is take a ferry ride around Lake Geneva (Lac Leman).

In Switzerland you can jump on a train and go anywhere and everywhere but a good place to go is Zermatt and ride the vehicular Matterhorn Railway for something a little bit different!

Of course, it's just a hop to France where you can head to the Chamonix Valley and ride the cable cars via Aiguille du Midi into Italy.

I'll probably get to see four walls of an office and a peek out a few plane windows there and back. I guess the train ride from Geneva to Lausanne will be pleasant enough anyway.

Au revoir!

No comments: